Not Such Happy Times

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 37 replies
  • 46 subscribers

So everyone hosp chucked me out & hopefully it will b 4 a while 2 come. Things r not looking up but unfortunately spiralling downhill.

Chemo has now bn stopped with everyone's agreement as it wasn't doing anything & there r no further options. Alien boob wounds have beaten me & my chest is pretty stone like - woke y'day morn 2 sheets of blood - v scary. 

I can't really manage much by myself in the house & trying 2 find a comfy position 2 sleep in is bloomin awful. Y'day was a PJ & tears day - my lovely doc came by 2 c me in the evening.  Brought up so well she took her boots off at the door....with my 2 dogs I bet her hosiery was messier on leaving lol.

Made the decision 2 contact daughter last night & dad was off on 1st train 2 Edinburgh 2 pick her up this morn. Listening 2 ur daughter breaking her heart over the phone whilst trying 2 remain positive was awful. Thankfully at least  one of her flatmates was in so hopefully she was  of some support last night. Uni should b on the ball 2 as I got hold of her tutor. Bless my lass- she passed her final placement assessment y'day Slight smile

No more work 4 me - now that also breaks my heart as u will all know. Haven't broken that yet 2 them. Waiting 2 hear back from HR 2 the nxt steps. My useless boss on hearing I'd nipped in on Wed night send me an email y'day asking when I'd b back...."Haha never sunshine".

No one can put a timescale 2 this...so u'll hear from me 4 a while whilst my phone is stuck 2 my hand & the fingers work 2 type.

Take care & let's have some humour tales - I'm sure I'll think of some.

TTFN

WB xx

• Oh wee blonde I really don't know what to say to you that has not been said to you already everyone on here is rooting for you with support and love for you massive hugs and cuddles xxxxxxxxxx

Flippen
  • Dear WB

You neck as many sweets as you like. And painkillers. I imagine you surrounded by your family and being cosseted. Much love to you and your family. 

Take care xx

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Although this has been so upsetting to read and my heart goes out to you I want to thank you for your honest post. 

It may be that I might not be too far behind you on this journey and although I know things will probably be different for each person just knowing what might happen is better than knowing nothing at all. 

I can totally understand you wanting people to remember you as you were. I think that people will remember you as the person you are a strong, determine, brave, and supportive person who has valiantly battled this disease whilst bringing comfort and support to many others. 

I add my thoughts to the others that are hoping the pain will be controlled and the time you have with your family will be the best it can be. 

Thanks WB for sharing yourself with us we are stronger together.

• Hi 

I haven't 'liked' your post because I can't bring myself to do that, another button is needed, perhaps a sympathy button is needed. I'm going to send a post to admin and ask for one and if other people do similar then we may get it. I'm going to use your post as an example and one from  also. 

Your post is the first one I have seen you send that isn't humourous, instead I found myself cringeing and wanting to give you a hug, a big one. I'm really glad your daughter didn't see your pain, she would've been grief stricken.

I can feel your pain, some nights I was in so much pain that I couldn't move even half an inch without horrendous pain in my back. As well as tablets for breakthrough pain and tablets for depression whose side effects helped nerve pain, I was up to 130mg of MST twice a day until my third visit to the chronic pain doctor at the hospital and he said that the high amount of MST that I was on would take 10 years off my life. As he was telling me that, I was thinking does he remember that I have an incurable cancer that may well finish me off before then? Well, he decreased my MST in increments to 80mg twice a day but introduced a different tablet, Baclofen, in increments, to 30mg a day. The pain though returned and as well as the Baclofen I'm back up to 110mg of MST twice a day.

I don't have an open wound though with the pain emanating from it, and if there's anything at all I could say or do that would reduce your pain, I would do but I fear there isn't. Apart from empathy, I can't give you anything that can help, Your day is similar to mine, except that I don't get up, when my wife and son go to work my bed is the warmest spot in the house. From last Thursday my wife has been with me because she has a cold and her principal phoned and told her to stay at home. 

Now, after Boris and 2 sidekicks have been on screen talking about sending letters to 1.5m people that have respiratory diseases and certain cancers- blood cancers and bone marrow cancer, that's me- should stay at home for 12 weeks to begin with. My wife will have to stay off also because she won't be needed at school as there are less than 30 registered belonging to NHS and other people. My son doesn't drive so he's going to have to remain at home as we live so remotely that there are only 3 buses a day each way, he's also self employed and it may be possible for him to work from home. I'm going to have to register for someone to bring food to the house, but there may be hope from the supermarkets to push me up the delivery spots. Believe it or not, we tried to get an online shop from Asda today but the earliest date was 12th April! 

I hope tonight will be better for you but if the pain is as bad don't hesitate to phone for help. 

Take care WB

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi wb, so sorry to see your post, I hope that tonight is a better night and the pain is sorted, I don’t know what else to say so I won’t waffle on, sending you a lot of love, heather xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Wee Blonde

i have been thinking about you. I am not very good with words, but I am thinking of you and sending love and hugs xxxxxx. I wish it was more but words is all I have. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Hi Wee Blonde   i have been looking out for any new posts by you and then i read the one you just sent.I am thinking of you and like everyone else love ans hugs XXXXX