Chemo Brain

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hello

Well I just did something stupid. I have an appointment with my Consultant so I thought today, although I knew it was the end of the month. I managed to convince my self it was today and my husband drove me there , nearly three quarters of an hour each way to be told it was a week today. The receptionist laughed and said I wasnt the first. Goodness knows what I was thinking, I can only blame it on  chemo brain or as my friend said when I told her is that I was having a Craft moment. Not having heard the expression, I asked what it meant....Cant remember a f**king thing. Yep, ithink that's me.

Ellie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear

confession time ! If it wasn’t for my hubby I wouldn’t know what day of the week it was half the time! We have what we call the idiot board in the kitchen that we pin up the appointment letters and duplicate it on the calendar and a reminder on my hubby’s mobile phone, we call it the triple lock approach. I’m not on chemotherapy anymore but my morphine based pain killers make me feel I’m in outer space sometimes L.O.L so don’t feel bad, we’ve all been there.

• I am the same! Calendars, diaries, lists! My brain is in fairy land

Xx

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to flowerlady

Hello Flowerlady

Glad I'm not the only one. Made it up to the hubby though and bought us fish n chips on the way home, for a quick dinner.  He said he is keeping all my appts in his diary now lol

Ellie x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I know that feeling Grinning