Putting off things

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hello

I have been feeling quite low since I found out my cancer spread to my liver and then I was put on oral chemo. I felt like just giving up and doing nothing and lost interest.  Something then changed, i dont know why but I decided to  get off my backside and do something,  So I have decided to decorate my hall, landing and stairs, paper and paint chosen and decorator booked. I went to the carpet store today and have arranged to get the stairs and landing to be measured, I have found a few carpets I like, just need to take hubby with me when he returns from a business trip in Germany.  He bought an open ticket because he was worried about me. That kind of shook me a little and I am so busy dying that I am not living.  We have a static caravan in the Lakes which we can start using again in March.  I usually love travelling abroad but have been put off by my appointment schedule and have a fear of having to cancel.  Sorry this is a bit of a ramble.

• Hi Ellie, You should definitely set your sights on St Petersburgh, it's an amazing experience! We saw it via a cruise that left from Scotland while I was still on treatment but not flying anywhere. I got tired easily so booked a private tour just for my husband and I, in a private car with a travel guide driver. It was sensational and well worth the money! Now Pompeii, I found very unsettling and got very sad and upset. However, it is easy to get to! You go for it! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi

I do like a good garden centre. There are some fabulous ones near where I live and I divide then into two types.

First, there’s the plantsman’s nursery where I can find unusual varieties of plants in tip top condition. That’s where I go if I want a specific plant. 

Then there’s the day out garden centres where there are the common or garden plant varieties plus an associated retail offer. I like these for all the things they offer - the farmers market shop for a foodie treat, the gift section, the pets, the Christmas decorations at Yuletide. There’s always something to see and cheer me up and a decent enough plant or gardening accessory. 

xx