Do you have a bucket list?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 37 replies
  • 43 subscribers

just asking as I’m curious as to what you all want to fullfill in your life while you can.

i would like to get my book finished and published.

I also want to do my artwork more.

go to Scotland one last time.

and Ireland. I think that will be impossible.

Mexico, and Frida Kahlo’s Blue House.

most of the above are impossible, but I can dream!

what’s yours?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi JackD,

your list sounds like mine apart from the book writing. 

My wish list would be more time to paint and make objects. 

I really, really want to see the northern lights.

Camp along the south coast of Ireland and drink too much Guinness.

See Las Meninas by Velasquez again.

Have a really big holiday with all of my family.

Fall in love one last time

Get the feeling back in my fingers lol. 

Not much to ask Joy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Sounds wonderful apart from your fingers. Oh...the Northern lights. As for falling in love again. You never know? My mum always says “Where’s there’s life, there’s hope! Never been camping.  Nice to meet you on this community Fishtrombone. 

• FormerMember

Hello  welcome to the group, another clear cell OC like me, we are rare as hens teeth, so while I am sorry to see you here, it is interesting to see another one like me. I hope you are doing well on your treatment

sorry for hijacking your thread, i’ll Go away now....I’m not a One for bucket lists as They make me really emotional but I love both of yours! Love heather xxxx

• FormerMember

Oh Heather, don’t go away, I’m okay with hijacking my threads. It’s okay to keep Fishtrombone talking, no matter what the subject. Oh welcome to the group Fishtrombone. Keep a eye out for the others especially Daloni, Johnty, and Tvman, and everyone else. Keep coming back Heather.

• FormerMember

Thank you JackD, lovely to meet you too.

• FormerMember

Hello Heather,

so pleased to meet you. I'm a bit squeaky new so meeting a rare breed sufferer is fantastic.

take care Sxx

• FormerMember

I look forward to meeting you all. I've had a lovely welcome. 

• FormerMember

When I was told my time was limited I finished off a number of projects, though not to the standard I had originally planned. I put together a collection of some of my poems, short stories and art work. I also finished off a summary of several branches of my family tree. I have been trying to do this for several years but I was too much of a perfectionist to finish it. So knowing I no longer had infinite time made me concentrate on the important parts. I have sent to various members of the family and appropriate archives. I hope in years to come they will be of use to some unknown relative. Now I've done all that I don't really have another project that seems of any importance, and I am getting more tired more of the time. Maybe I'm done now.

Tessa

• FormerMember

I wish I could see your work. What is your artwork like? I have shown some here in my blog and the express yourself group with Johnty. I’d love to see your artwork. That makes me sad to see that you think you are done. I don’t think you are. Maybe one day a relative might publish your work. Not give up on yourself, the fact you you have done all these wonderful things is still achievement. When I tried to take my life in 2018, I too thought I was done, that cancer, the social services taken my mum away and thought I was going to be homeless made me feel done. But everybody, from the man who found me, the paramedics, the hospital, my mum, my friends and now you all, make me feel that life is still worth living, even with all the curveballs. I too am home alone. I’m new to it, the house feels empty, my mum made it a home. But we still have a roof over our heads. But I don’t believe you are done. While you have breath in your body, you are you, you are worth every moment of your life and I am lucky right now to be able to reply to you. I will always be happy to see your reply’s and discussions. 

• FormerMember

I mainly do small pen and wash, sometimes just shading with the ink. Very traditional.  Tessa