How’s your New Years Eve / Hogmanay shaping?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 75 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi 

This will be a tricky time of year for many of us. So maybe we can join in a pity party together or enjoy others partying vicariously. 

I am going to pop by my neighbours briefly but mostly I’ll be banished upstairs while my 15-year-old and her mates party downstairs. I have a horrible cough and enough meds to knock me out so I don’t suppose the noise will bother me too much - and actually the sound of young people enjoying themselves is always joyous and uplifting 

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Dearest tinalay

not the start you wanted to 2020

hoping the new antibiotics work wonders and the scan shows no further growth 

keep the germs as far away as possible

positive thoughts

janet

xxxxx

• FormerMember

Dearest tinalay

not the start you wanted to 2020

hoping the new antibiotics work wonders and the scan shows no further growth 

keep the germs as far away as possible

positive thoughts

janet

xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Happy new year my lovely new friends, I am sorry some of you are unwell and hope you make a swift recovery. I am posting this on the 3rd as I have been hibernating in a dark tunnel for the past few days,  am glad the days are now going to get longer and brighter and I am still here! I was cheered to read of the good deeds some of you carried out which has galvanised me to appreciate what a great, stoical, kind bunch you all are. I really appreciate all the affection, support and humour in this group, and the other groups,I couldn't have managed without it. It is great to have what I feel is a "second family" to visit, even in the middle of the night! I am now uplifted enough to post my Christmas cards! lol. I am now off to think about my bucket list whilst demolishing the remainder of the Christmas cake. may 2020 be a gentle, happy and positive one for us all, may I also win the lottery and invite you all to a celebration and the miracle cure this will help bring about. With much love, thanks and hugs.I hope I am lucky enough to meet you one day. xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hey Tvman.

i’ve been trying to contact you all day.

I sent an email by mistake to one of the staff! 

I just wondered how you are?

i’ve been very ill since mid Nov. The ‘eye’ people told me my vision is alot worse. (I know. I could barely see the pavement). I had to have steroid implants injected into my eyes. Very painful. But did work. The only thing is. They might only last 4-6 months. Now i’ve got iritis in both eyes. The vision’s getting cloudier. Plus i’ve come off the drug treatment i’ve been on for 15 yrs & they’re trying me on a new drug. (Humira). I have to inject myself every other week. The only thing is. I’m in absolute agony in my back & legs. So at the moment i feel about 90!!! 

Anyway. Hope your ‘world’ is ok. Hope you’ve come to terms with losing your brother. That was the last time i ‘spoke’ to you. Hope to hear from you.

Happy New Year! X

• FormerMember

Vixen123

ive been opting to see some posts from Tvman. He is one of my friends here and it’s been a few days. I’m concerned.

• FormerMember

Hi JackD.

You sound like the comedian Jack Dee. He’s funny. But he doesn’t laugh much!

i know Tvman’s brother died suddenly in August. He had a break for a while from the community. Christmas & New Year can be very emotional. Especially if it’s the first one since the loved one died. 

The staff are lovely on here. But they can’t tell us anything. Even if they have some information. All you can do (& i will). Send him a couple of posts. I know it’s upsetting. We bond. Eventhough i’m not sure if anyone meets on here. You still get attached. This is an emotional site.

Good luck in ‘finding’ him!

• FormerMember

Hi

Gosh you’ve been going through the mill. I’m so sorry to hear about everything you’re going through. I am on blood thinners and have to inject myself everyday. It’s horrid but I have got used to it. I won’t be wearing a bikini this summer mind you. My belly is black and blue. And yellow and green and purple. 

hi

I am sorry to hear you’ve been in a black hole and hope you’ve managed to climb out. Thank you for your lovely new year greetings 

xxx

• FormerMember

Hi

Are you home yet? 
    xxx

• FormerMember

Hi

Fraid not, started to get worse despite strong antibiotics so back on IV antibiotics and oxygen, the relief when my temp started to come down was immense, honestly felt like I was being BBQ’d!

Starting to improve and the Consultant says she’d prefer me to stay on IV AB’s for the full 7 days, the inflammatory markers are coming down so she’s happy with the treatment, and worried that I’ll bounce back if they let me home on oral AB’s. At this point a few more days here seems the safer option.

But as I’ve become more aware of what’s happening around me I’m finding other people’s struggles weighing heavily. Am

also a sympathy crier, so there’s that.

It’s brutal and exhausting for all of us at times.  I hope to catch up on everyone’s news very soon  xx

•  Hi, sorry you are still in hospital but you are right, you are in the best place and a few more days, just to make sure you are well on the mend will be worth it!

Hope you've got a good book and earphones with music, like an iPod or similar! I couldn't stay in hospital without them! Good luck hope you are much improved by the time you read this!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!