Not ready for cancer retirement!!!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 26 replies
  • 42 subscribers

There are people who expect me to start acting like someone with cancer, not to do much. Rest etc.

But I’m doing the opposite...I’m not ready for cancer retirement. I want to share some good news. I have been accepted as one of the volunteers for the homeless in our town, where three churches are taking it in turns to allow the buildings to become a roof over their heads for the winter. I shall be part of the welcoming team from 8pm to 10.30pm. I’m prepared to stay longer if needed. I’m just so glad not to be on the scrap heap yet and at the same time helping people who haven’t got a home. 

But I must watch my back, like Tvman, I’m in a lot of pain with my back. And the tailbone of my spine. But life is my drug, so I’m going to keep carrying on and make the most of being able to do things for others while I can. Thanks.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

At the time the photo was taken, this area was on the tour. But no more. The tour guide didn’t mind photos being taken. The next grave is Luciano Freud. So many famous people including Jeremy Beadle. It’s a lovely day out there but not suitable for mobile scooters. I saw one or two in wheelchairs because they have a alternative way. But if anyone is interested, it would be adviceable to check with the office.

• FormerMember

Hi 

I have never been to Highgate Cemetery, , but I’m told it’s worth a visit. Isn’t Karl Marx buried there? I did go to the Frida Kahlo at the V&A and yes, it was fantastic. Going round that final corner to see her outfits in the huge glass cabinet was just breath taking. That woman knew pain. 
    xx

• FormerMember

Now. Karl Marx is properly the most visited grave there. There are so many famous names including George Elliot the writer. So many. Even that poor man who was poisoned by the Russians is buried there. The ceremony is split in two. The West and the East. You cannot go in the west except on a guided tour. It’s beautiful. But are. And afterwards if you fancy something to eat, you leave the ceremony to travel up hill which is Swines Lane or go through the park entrance. It’s beautiful and you can see why Kate Moss, Jude Law and many more live there. But some streets are blocked to the public. Private streets.  Kate Moss gives her clothes to charity shop there. So I recommend a visit there. Got the chance again soon, so 8 might go again.  Look at my next post for pics.

• FormerMember

Here is the huge grave of Karl Marx. It’s enormous! When you turn up, you will get a map with the names and where to find them. Keep a look out for foxes. They are beautiful. I would love to be interned in the west but it will cost me about £7000. Someone thinks I should put that money on a Orient Express trip.

• FormerMember

Dear

Sorry to about your mum. It is so hard to see someone slip away, lost my husband April 2018.  Take care of yourself also, it’s a real balancing act I know it well. I did not do a good job of taking care of myself during that time and it cost me. Please be your own best friend right now, your mother would want that. 

On a cheerier note, have you mastered the tonic water opening? Hope so! Good stuff .

Happy New Year to you. Take time to love yourself so you have the endurance to help others.

Hugs

Millie

• FormerMember

Hello Millie

id have to get a new bottle, until then we will see if this one doesn’t go all over me. I was in bed when it happened and my cats were all around me. It was very Smile 

I’m going to see my mum again today. I’m tired but I need my mum. I need to make the most of her while I can. Plus the fact I’m waiting for my dates for starting volunteering for the homeless. I’m fCocktailding it hard to move about due to my arthritis. Keep rubbing the ibuprofen ointment over my shoulder and back. Can’t take the morphine if I’m going out, it would knock me out as I can fall asleep anCocktailhere. Anyway Happy New Year MillieCocktailChampagneTada