sleep

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hi

Im new to the group so sorry if i've not got the correct way of doing things, but i have a question on sleep.

I wake at 2.15, because i just fall asleep unconscious at 20.15, ive put it down to the steroids, but i want to break out of the cycle. Im slowly coming off the Steroids and im not on any other treatment until Jan.

Thanks

p

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Paul

Sleep. Ah blessed sleep. You will find scattered right across this community various threads where wakeful people chat in the wee small hours when insomnia takes a hold. You are definitely not alone. 

Steroids are the pits when it comes to sleep and I hope once you’re off them that your sleep will improve. I sleep in bursts of 1-2 hours when I’m in them. My sleep has been ruined forever, I fear. I had 15 months on a whizzy new drug that caused insomnia and good sleep has not returned. I started wearing a Fitbit back in February. It’s recorded one single solitary night when I got 8 hours. 

How do I cope? I don’t tend to dwell on it or regard it as a problem. I frequently nap in the day and think of that as one of life’s little luxuries. I listen to the radio or audiobooks at night - I sleep alone but if I’m on holiday and sharing a room she don’t want to disturb a room mate then I put the earphones under the pillow so I’m the only one who can hear it  

The idea of sleeping through the night is actually fairly modern. Back in medieval times people would have a big sleep of say 4-6 hours then get up for a bit before having a second little sleep. 

I hope you get a good night tonight; if not then I hope you’ll find some company here. 

Night night 

• FormerMember

Good morning fellow insomniacs, neighbours burglar alarm went off at 3 am so that was the end of any hope of a good nights sleep ! So have got up had a early breakfast and will potter around till the sun comes up. Thankfully we have a very efficient gas fire in the lounge so I’m comfy cosy until the central heating comes on.

• FormerMember

Morning or should I say afternoon!
    Knowing others are there is a help, group misery, so much better then being aloneHead bandageHugging.

thanks all

paul 

• FormerMember

Morning Paul, 6.14 am, that’s a lay in for me ! The person who can come up with a guaranteed way of giving me a good night’s sleep without a sleeping pill will be on the beach in no time.