Sleep

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 51 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Waking up ever morning so early (I think it's the steroids I'm on) is the most peaceful time of the day and instead of getting annoyed that I can't sleep I have decided to embrace the extra time. 

Also I see from the posts that it's a common phenomenon.....lack of sleep!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi daloni 

I did think about peppermint but too expensive. 

Please what is TMl?!

Thanks for the reply. 

• Alex, Hi TMI means "too much information" but quite rightly as Daloni said, Tvman was probably joking as you can never have TMI in this group! By the way, you are right, so snap, if I manage to the toilet before going out, I feel much better too! Good for you! Have you thought in trying Peppermint Tea, it's not expensive!

Jane, I don't really take anything as I'm on enough meds I think!

Tvman, That's good you got PIP for 4 years! In actual fact I got mine for 10 years as my assessment was in March 2017 and   next contact will be Mar 2017 which we had to read over and over as we couldn't believe it! The Blue Badge only lasts 3 years in Scotland, so I will need to apply for that in Apr next year. Of course we need a letter dated within a year of renewal of PIP but they usually send something out at the end of the tax year and together with the letter I already have should be fine! If you get the mobility part of PIP you automatically qualify for a Blue Badge here. Hope it's the same in NI, Wales & Eng!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember

Good morning all night owls! This morning I am attempting to wallpaper a dolls house my husband and I have been making for our granddaughter for Christmas. I just thank the gods that we kept it small!

The breathlessness I have recently been experiencing seems to be a bit easier this morning. Crossing every (well....almost) in the hope that the blood clot is dissipating.

I wish everyone a lovely dayKissing heart

• FormerMember

Good morning Tinks, the dolls house thing sounds very fiddly, you must have a lot of patience. It’s good to hear your breathing better, let’s hope the blood clot is resolving itself. I slept through from 8pm until 3.30am this morning which is good for me, I’ve had my breakfast and am playing some lemmings to pass the time. Husband is fast asleep, he won’t even know I’ve got up he sleeps so deeply !

• FormerMember

Well aren’t we all busy! I was just woken by the cat bringing in a mouse. She’s eaten it now. I’ll have to find the green wobbly bit she always leaves on the carpet when I get up properly. 

I hope the blood clot does resolve quickly . Mine seems to have and my oncologist says they mostly do once you start treatment.

And , your vision of me on the chaise with a sleeping dog and The Archers in the background is pretty much spot on. I’m so middle class it hurts. 

xx

• FormerMember

Dear daloni, the mouse thing is why you should always put your slippers on when you get up in the night, you don’t want to end up with an Ex mouse sqidged in between your toes L.O.L

• Hi all,

After struggling with nausea or an hour or so I have given in and got up.  Having a ginger tea to try and settle my stomach and I must say it's nice to have a bit of company.  Morning all.

Gragon x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Morning gragon, sorry to hear about your dicky tummy I hope the ginger tea does the trick. It seems there are more of us up and about in the early hours than we thought. it reminds me of the song from singing in the rain “good morning “ which I often sing to myself to raise my spirits after a sleepless night.

• Hi Jane,

I used to sleep well but since being diagnosed and starting treatment it is very variable.  Not usually sure if it is the effect of cancer and medication on my body or my mind.  Today it is definitely my body.

I've always been a bit of a grump in a morning no matter when I get up.  It always takes me an hour or so to do much more than grunt good morning usually.  I used to have a "Peanuts" mug which said "I hate people who sing in a morning" , but obviously only when I can hear it.  After the first hour or so I could happily join in with you.

Ginger tea seems to be working,

Gragon x

• FormerMember

You're lucky your husband sleeps through your night time shenanigans. I only have to get up for the loo and he's aware and checking that I'm fine. One morning I was up particularly early and I managed to stuff cushions in the bed so he'd think I was still fast asleep. It worked until about 7am but I got into trouble for doing it!

I'm glad you managed 7 hours or so last night....that must have been bliss. I think early nights are the way to handle the early morning rise.

And yes......as I have discovered, wallpapering a dolls house.....very fiddly. I don't know whether it's patience that's keeping me going or necessity. Curtains next Dizzy faceDizzy faceDizzy face