Still positive

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 42 replies
  • 45 subscribers

.Ok here gos bit of a strange appointment today the cancer on my shoulder has completely gone . But I have a few small nodes (cant think what it is called it the bit that your food gos down in2 your stomach) kidney cyst/mass is now being called a lesion is still same size n still no follow up .throat nothing was said n I 4got to ask . But they have found something on my left arm they r now saying  cancer is now in my bones n got to go 4 a bonescan to c how much in2 the bone it is . Treatment she said all they can offer me is hormone therapy (letrozole) n there is 1 more that only came out in june July which she wants to keep 4 a later date. I've been put on a bone strengthening drug n been givin antibiotic today as my temperature is up n down . There mayb chance of another lot of chemo further down the line but not 100% I feel it was a positive appointment  Fingers crossed tone1hoping  hormone therapy works well 4 me

Kym

Xx. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Sorry daloni

My internet down only just come back on what a long night 

Not hear of it look forward on your review x

Kym

• FormerMember

Hi Kym

It was wonderful. First of all the theatre itself, Theatre Royal Stratford, is a gem. Tiny and luscious, decked out in dark red. Then the production itself. It was beautifully set with the schoolroom looking just like an African schoolroom and the girls wearing the uniform so typical of the region. The writing and acting were great with the play exploring different reactions to the visitation from the school head, the matron, the Bishop, fellow pupils, the Pope’s representative from Rome and a parent. Was it real? Was it hysteria? Did the message from Mary foretell what was to come? There was some beautiful singing too. 

I would highly recommend it but should add that both my friend and I have particular connections to Rwanda. I reported from their as a journalist after the genocide and my friend worked there as a Red Cross delegate. So maybe we have more context than average. 

Xx

• On so glad you had a nice time nice to get out and put all your worries away for a bit I bet it's given you a real boost and that's what's life is a about and also having a connection with your friend made the experience more personal and meaning to you both xxx

Flippen
  • FormerMember

Hi daloni 

Sounds like you and your friend had a wonderful evening 

Theatre Royal Stratford is that east london if it is I will book to go see .

I would love to say I've visited other countries sadly I've never left the uk I'm terrified of getting on a planeBlush 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend  with your friend daloni  

Kym xx 

• Hey Kim, 

You don't have to get on a plane to leave the country. You've got various ferries you can jump on, as well as the Channel Tunnel too. 

If you fancy setting foot on foreign soil, I'd say go for it! 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember

Hi

yup - Theatre Royal Stratford

xx

• Hi ,

my first trip abroad was a day trip to France with P & O ferries from Dover.  It only cost me £1 and included a shuttle bus into Calais although this was over 20 years ago.  I presume you can still book a day return although I have no idea of the cost or if the shuttle bus still runs (it only ran reduced hours in winter if I remember correctly).  Quite a lot of people in Kent used to pop over every month or so to get those items which were either cheaper in France or not easy to get in the uk.

All the best,

Gragon x

• FormerMember

I will look in2 going to c 

Kym x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Hi Gragon 

No never been tempted to go on ferrie I had a fear of them 2 Blush  dont laugh but   I cannot swim  Swimmer♀️

Mayb I should try put that on my list of things to do 

I'm not a brave person tbh I like my feet firmly on the ground 

Kym xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

Hi lass 

Omg yes the train I'm ok on themRofl 

Kym xx