Busy couple of weeks coming up

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 249 replies
  • 46 subscribers

hi folks 

today I saw the urologist. The oncologists at the trials unit at UCLH are concerned about my kidney function and reckon the stent in my ureter is blocked. With the amount of pain I’m in, it wouldn’t surprise me. So they referred me to urology. But that’s at the local hospital. 

Today I saw the consultant urologist at my local hospital in Maidstone and he agreed. But he’s not sure the kidney is working at all so his plan is a test involving an injection of a radioactive isotope which they then track through the kidneys. If the kidney is working, he’ll replace the stent. That’s a day case procedure but involves a general anaesthetic. 

All that needs to take place before October 16 when I am due to start an immunotherapy trial. I also have to fit in a CT scan, a fancy blood test that requires a team from Cancer Research labs to come out with special kit and a biopsy. 

So it looks like I’ll either be waiting for hospital appointments or in hospital for much of the next fortnight. 

Bother. 

• And the York on Saturday..... Fingers crossed! 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

I hope you can make it to York because I so want to meet you in person but I don’t want to be selfish and wish for you to come if you’d rather rest after your gruelling week.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Yes! Fingers crossed for York! Tickets booked. Friends waiting to see me in the evening and host me overnight. It’s the light at the end of the tunnel of the coming week. 

Fingers crossed tone1Fingers crossed tone1Fingers crossed tone1

xx

• I am really sad that I am going to miss the get together in York. We are coming back from a trip away and won't be back in time. I hope you enjoy yourselves!!

Love to all

X

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to flowerlady

Shame you’re missing York but a trip away has got to be worth it. 

• FormerMember

Thinking of you especially this week, it sounds gruelling and I hope each step goes as smoothly as possible. Sending love and hugs xx

• FormerMember

Dear daloni, just wanted to second tinalays good wishes for the week ahead. I know what it’s like when you have a full on week of appointments, so will be thinking of you.

best wishes 

jane

• FormerMember

Me too. My husband and I booked a week in Lanzarote after discovering it was the only week without a hospital appointment for a while. I have a brain scan in Leeds next Sat followed by a furry of appointments with the likelihood of another course of IV chemo. I did feel very torn but am more likely to be able to get to another meet up than have another holiday. We’ll both make up for it and I’m so glad you’re getting away xx

• FormerMember

Thinking of  you and hope all goes well today. 

Big hugs P xx 

• FormerMember

Thanks Polly. Setting off at 10.30. I hope I won’t have to wait too long - the first time they replaced the stent I was fasting from midnight, arrived at the hospital at 8am and they didn’t operate until 5pm!!!!! 

xxx