Strange day ahead

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 15 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi all I thought I would start a new thread as I seem to have hijacked an earlier one and as often happens we go off on a tangent. 

I have 2 significant things today at 3 pm ( or probably nearer 5) I am seeing the oncologist to find out what the next plan is and when. He has been away for a while so I have had a few conflicting ideas told to me but I think no one knows until he decides. I only hope this time he has read the results and information so we can get decisions and back on track. 

Before that however I have a funeral of a very dear lady who lost her battle with cancer a short while ago. She had Special needs and all but 2 members of her family are gone. She came to stay with me and my husband on respite a few times and I was able to visit her while she was in hospital. She never stopped smiling and was a ray of sunshine in our lives and I'm sure many others. 

Just wanted to share with someone as I get ready to deal with both. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

I am sorry I haven’t replied sooner. I’ve been trying to think of something sensible and useful to say but I’m stumped. So I’ll send love and hugs instead 

xxxx

• FormerMember

All I can do is send u hugs n kisses n pray your appointment gets u answers 

Kym xx

• FormerMember

All I can do is send you love and best wishes. How dare they treat you like that?

• FormerMember

Oh Maz I am furious for you. Hope you get proper answers when you meet with ONC. If not then PALS and a second opinion sounds like a plan. Best of luck xx 

• FormerMember

Thanks everyone I am trying not to over think things but i find myself wondering how did this happen I thought everything was sorted and we did everything to double check. The medication problems and allergies were well recorded and just 2 days before I was assured only the breast no nodes were being took..MacMillan help line helped me check and they agreed with oncologist and nurse that surgeons never take nodes in cases like mine. But it still went wrong in  theatre 2 drugs given I should not have 3 days extra stay in hospital then find they took the nodes and this has cocked everything up. 

I am definitely feel worse off than I was 5 weeks ago and I have done as advised. 

Mistakes happen I know but usually you own up and try to put things right not then remove funding. 

Perhaps a miracle will happen or the long awaited histology results will give hope. 

Just been to cinema to see Lion King and loved it. 

I am also going to try to see my GP as at present my only pain management is paracetamol and viteorol gel. Now if my liver, bone and lung Mets are going to be given free reign I guess later on I will need something stronger. 

Anyone on anything that is not an opiate, opiode or contains alcohol let me know.