Good scan results

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 27 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Goof afternoon my incorrigible chums 

I am delighted to report that my scan last week showed the cancer is broadly stable. So after six months of chemo plus experimental tablets, I’m now on experimental tablets alone. Hurray! 

It’s been a trying day, mind you. I got to the hospital st 10am and I’m still here at 4pm waiting for my tablets. It’s mighty hard not to eat all the custard creams. 

Aaargh! 

Xx

• Hi Daloni

What fantastic news for you and the girls, has it really sunk in yet? 

It has been a long, tough, sad, happy, bumpy journey for you and now you have emerged into the sunlight, and don't you deserve it. Whilst you have been facing a rough time, you have found time to send good wishes and encourage others. I take my hat off to you and may you stay stable. I know a lot about that! 

Every time I look at a custard cream, it'll have a special significance Slight smile At our cancer unit we have all the free tea, coffee and hot chocolate, accompanied with a selection of tray bakes! 

Take care, Daloni.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi! 

Thanks again. Big smile here. 

I got out at 4.15 and was home by 5.30 so not too bad I. The end. And no chemo to recover from this week! 

Who knows how long things will remain as they are? Not me. For today, I’ll take the stable label and rejoice 

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Aw, great news Daloni! All that you've gone through has been worth it. Hope you snaffled all the biscuits!

Lots of love 

Alison xxx

• It's great to hear such positive news - you must feel so pleased. Long may it continue

Per Ardua Ad Astra
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry D not 2 respond sooner.

That's fab-u-lous news. Hope it's just the pills 4 a while.

Enjoy summer when/if it gets here. Bn pretty rubbish north of the border. Hubbie tells me it rained here all the time whilst daughter & I were on holiday & has continued pretty much since we returned - but it was dry all day 2day *loud whoops of excitement *

Take care

WB xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

EAT the custard creams you deserve it.  

This has made my day! I'm so happy for you xxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Wonderful news, daloni. So chuffed for you.

• FormerMember

Dear All, 

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. I am now another step closer to achieving my master plan (have a great summer with my girls) as I’m home from hospital after a minor op to replace a stent from my kidney to my bladder.

It was a long and tedious day but I was able to persuade the surgeon to prescribe antibiotics (last time they changed this tube I developed a huge kidney infection and spent 10 days in hospital). It took a bit of doing, mind you. First he said no; then he said gp could prescribe; finally he went to review my notes and agreed to a five day course. Honestly! Just doing his job I guess. Luckily I was doing mine too - project manager of my own health. 

All’s well that ends well. Time to take to easy, crack open the custard creams, drink tea, grow hair and get my strength back. Just call me Samson. 

Love to you all 

xx

• FormerMember

Way to go Daloni!!

Master of your fate: Captain of your soul as well as your health manager!

hugs

Millie

• Hi ,

So you are going with Sampson then, I prefer your other superhero name - Mum.  Good to hear that the op on your stent went well.

I'm sure you will do better with your hair than I have done.  I've been trying to regrow mine now for about 40 years but without any success, drat that male pattern baldness.

Believe it or not I spent half an hour on Google yesterday trying to find somewhere that did tours of a biscuit factory, especially any that did custard creams, just so I could send you the details but I couldn't find one.  I did find out that they are made in the factory in Carlisle that flooded a couple of years ago so thank goodness that is up and running again.

My favourite biscuit with a cuppa, Oat Nobblies (Morrisons version of Hobnobs), but I also love digestives with a sliced apple and cheese for a more savoury snack, mmm.

Enjoy the good weather, your cuppa and your custard creams, or any other biscuit that takes your fancy.

All the best,

Gragon xx