Not Last Option (Possibly)

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hi all

So last week it was very leaky eyes as I thought I was on my last treatment ever, nothing left 2 try. But now had a phone call from BCN 2day who tells me that my oncologist is fighting my case and put me forward 4 & its bn agreed in principle (subject 2 scan) that I'm going 4 a bilateral mastectomy...

Onc wants me 2 start this last chemo 2morrow with the 2nd dose nxt week instead of after my hols 2 keep things under control b4 the nxt action plan. I'm worried that I might have side effects & a lower than normal immune system - just what I need with flying on the 22nd May.

I was speechless as I'd bn passed over 4 a mastectomy 18 months ago as they thought there would b probs closing me up. So a lot 2 think about but off I pop 2 hospital 2morrow 4 bloods & chemo....aaagghhhh.

#confused #speechless #whatnext

WB

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

Oh this rings bells for me. I have had a bit more luck than you but each line of treatment they throw at me seems to fail quicker than hoped. The gaps between treatments seems to shorten as I lurch from one to the next. 

I hope the Eribulin gives you a good long stretch of stability. 

Yes I am having a nice weekend. Not doing much but this morning the sun is shining. 

Love and hugs xxx

• Hi WB, I've just caught up with this post. I'm with Gragon but if it saves your life then it'll be worth it in the long run. It must be a daunting prospect but if anyone can fight through it, it's you! I hope the chemo is kind and your holiday on 22nd gives you the strength and positive mindset needed for your next challenge! Take Care 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

WB, am just getting caught up with everything. Wishing you good luck with the Eribulin. Take heart.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Wishing you the best with this treatment.