Mixed scan results

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 16 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi 

I am sitting in the trials unit at UCLH waiting for the chemo. It’s the start of month 5 and the bloods are taking ages. 

Meanwhile, I have had some results from last week’s scan. “Mixed” was the verdict. The main tumours (liver, lung, adrenal gland) have shrunk or stayed stable. But there’s something sinister lurking around one of the big blood vessels in my chest. So they want an MRI scan to get a better idea of what it might be. If it’s the cancer spreading then I’m off the trial but my oncologist says she has other trials lined up. If not then onwards with this trial. 

More uncertainty and another hospital appointment. I’ll need a few days for the snow globe to settle on this one I think. 

Xxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi Annette 

yes I did finally get the chemo and got home at 8.20pm. It was a long day. 

Today was eventful when I got to press the big red stop button on the escalator at Waterloo station. An older lady got on in front of me and fell on her bottom. I leapt for the stop button and helped her get up and off the escalator. I was quite the hero. I’ve always wanted to press that button. But also poor older lady. 

The macmillan thingy was good. I did a good spiel on the community. 

My ex got married in Serbia to his Serbian girlfriend - he’s a Serb too. It’s a year and one week since he officially moved out  and six weeks since our divorce came through. I did send his mum and brother goodwill messages (they were dreading it) to say we can’t change the past, we can choose to be happy and at peace as you welcome a new family member with a new baby on the way so let love be the winner today. It felt like the right thing to do. And I get to be the good guy. 

So all in all I think I deserve a pat on the back. Maybe even a medal. 

Should I be putting this in three good things? 

MX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I nearly forgot! When I arrived at Macmillan this morning who should be sitting in reception? My sister. She was there with two colleagues for a meeting about information standards. Neither knew the other was going to be there. It was really nice and funny - we look very alike and sound identical so everyone was confused momentarily. My Macmillan contact thought I’d suddenly grown lots of hair. 

Xx

• FormerMember

One medal, richly deserved. 

You are a true champ, @daloni. 

I hope the MRI brings good results. Thinking of you. 

• Oh Daloni, that was a long day! At least you eventually got your chemo! Do you have a date for your scan yet?                                       As you say, poor old lady but I've always wanted to press that red button too! Imagine your sister being there! I take it you didn't know anything about it until you got there! Wouldn't your hair growing fast be an extra bonus! I wish!

Well thanks AP7 you have saved me trolling through the Internet looking for a medal to download! That's what I had in mind too, so thanks!

Things haven't been too good here lately with my recovery from the op being slow due to the fact I took an allergic reaction to the material used in the disposable stitches (so they didn't dispose). My husband had another episode of pain with gallbladder stones last night and I had to get the doc in! He's fine today and has gone to work overnight tonight. He works in a hospital, so in the right place if it happens again! He was at the stage of having a date for his pre-op for surgery, but he called and cancelled it because I was going in for my op the day before. In fact he didn't postpone it, as I thought, to another date but cancelled it altogether (using me as an excuse!!) so now the process of being on the waiting list starts again. His second episode was 5 years after the first, so he decided it wasn't going to happen again for a while....,.wrong!, that's been three more in two weeks! I have an ultrasound of my eye first thing in the morning, so have everything crossed!  Love to everyone! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hello All,

You know Im from the US and I do not get the word pants!  From context it is bad, but where did it come from and what does it mean? An inquiring mind must know!

Cheers,

Millie

• FormerMember

Hi 

Goodness if it’s not one thing, it’s another. I hope your husband’s pain gets sorted soon and your eye scan goes well. That sounds unnerving, but I think anything to do with eyes sounds that way. 

And as for the vernacular use of “pants”, yes it means bad, in the sense of rubbish rather than evil or morally wrong, . You probably do know that British English speakers say pants where US English speakers say underpants and trousers where US English speakers say pants. This is something British eight year olds find highly amusing. Superman wears his pants outside his trousers, which just goes to show how silly he is. 

More here https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/pants-word-origin

Don’t forget to put your pants on today! 

Xx