Feeling like a fraud

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 22 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi all

So recently I've been feeling a bit like a fraud (thats the  best description i can come up with). I've got my blue badge and pip payments and extra help with my little one and i feel bad because at the moment i feel ok and have had good results from my most recent scan but i cant help but think I'm taking awah from those that need it more than me.

Does anyone else think like this or am i just weird? 

Everyone thought i wouldnt see the the begining of 2018, including me and i know they helped us so very much and my work was brill and people joke that i made it up etc but now im begining to feel guilty, which i know is ridiculous. I think it would be nice to know I'm not crazy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I know exactly what you mean. But I held my nose and did it. I wanted the extra money and I'm not letting them get in my way. Most health professionals fill the short form in for you and you never see it. My Macmillan nurse said she can't think of a time when a doctor refused to do the form. And as nobody has a crystal ball, the timeline on the form means hee-haw. In Scotland they took that timeline out of the decision makers book.

Just sayin'!

Take care

Alison xxx 

• Just applied for my cinema card - thanks for the top tip on that. Cinema is really expensive with babysitters too so very pleased to have the option of a discount. 

Thank you!