Moving on after treatment,, my treatment ends tomorrow

• 4 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi I’ve been going through treatment since March,, I’ve been so I’ll, I haven’t recognised myself as used to be so fit,, now I’m com8ng to end of treatment, I am feeling lost, don’t recognise myself, don’t know what direction I want to go in etc

• Hi  and welcome across to this corner of the community.

First, well done in getting through your treatment...... you have done well.

The diagnosis and treatment stages of the journey are times when you are just not in control so you are basically a passenger so the first 2/3rds of the journey is done..... now to deal with the final 1/3rd.

This period of time now mainly falls to you........ you will feel that you have been set adrift but you have made a great start by coming on here and asking "where do I go?"

First I want you to make a cuppa and have a careful look at this great paper After Treatment Finishes - Then What? by Dr Peter Harvey as it accurately highlights the post treatment milestones you will have to navigate.

Once you have looked through the paper do come back with your thoughts about it........ and a list of the top 5 challenges you see that you are going to have to overcome or deal with ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou so much,,, I will read it and come back 

• Hi Babs73,It’s a really interesting paper and one that most here relate to.I’m sorry you are feeling lost.When I went through this stage I found it helpful to write my thoughts,ideas etc down.You are certainly not alone in feeling like this.I had life saving surgery for advanced bladder cancer.I coped well with that but found recovering alone during lockdown really hard.I had a lot of support from the Macmillan community.You will find direction again.Best wishes Jane