Is it back or not?

• 6 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Hi my lovely friends I went to see my GP last week as I’m concerned about my right breast where I had cancer in 2014 my breast isn’t right there’s no lump but it’s grown big it’s swollen and a bit painful. She said the hospital would contact me to have it checked out so I thought I would be sent for a mammogram but I’ve got my appointment through for tomorrow and it’s to see a cancer consultant? I don’t understand this because why am I seeing a consultant? I expected to have a mammogram so now my head is racing away from me I’m thinking did she feel something? But my GP said she couldn’t feel anything but thought I should have it checked out but surely I would just need a mammogram not see a consultant? I just don’t know what on earth to think, has anyone had the same please? Take good care of yourselves love Yvonne always xx

• Hi Yvonne sorry to hear about your concerns.

I can only relate to my 23 years journey with my type of blood cancer. I have relapsed a number of times over the years so when there was anything ‘unexplained’ my GP always referred me back to my Dermatologist or Haematologist.

To me this made total since due to me history and in reality it got things dealt with quickly. I will say that not all ‘unexplained’ issues were anything to do with my cancer and was dealt with quickly.

Lets hope that this is a fuss about nothing ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi ,

I read your post and my thoughts are with you.

I hope everything went well today and you are more confident and positive.

I had cervical cancer nearly eight years ago (I have been given the all clear, yay and thank you and discharged from the cancer hospitall, yay and thank you). About two years ago I had a lump in my armpit and I was referred to the breast clinic and I nearly had a nervous breakdown. I had a mammogram and I was told it was a fatty lump! Then last year I was bleeding down below and my gynae consultant referred me for a MRI scan. Again I was having a nervous breakdown and when I saw him, he told me I have a prolapsed pelvis and I was dancing around his office and asked him to marry me! He didn’t say yes or no but he didn’t decline my proposal so I will take that, ha, ha, ha. 

I know it is horrible but it is best to get these things checked out. As Mike ( said before about the unexplained issues and yes, let’s hope it isn’t anything to worry about.

Please let us know how you get on.

With love and kindness and sending you love and good vibes,

Lisa xxxxxxxxxx

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx

• Everything went fabulous today I can’t believe how technology has changed just since 2014 as then I had to wait for results but today everything was done in one afternoon and everything was great there’s no cancer and I’m buzzing and I feel guilty saying it because I know what some people may be going through but I’m so happy happy thank you everyone for all your help support and kindness love Yvonne xx

• Pleased to hear this Yvonne and never feel guilty saying you don’t have cancer Heart eyes

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi ,

That is great and fantastic news. I am so glad for you.

Thank you for letting us know.

Sending you love and good vibes,

Lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx