The others!

• 12 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Getting through the diagnosis and Cancer treatment is horrific, let's be honest. Family members and friends shedding tears and can't do enough for you BUT... couple of clear scans and it's like nothing has happened!!! Forget all the side effects, the constant worry it has spread and then of course people thinking that you are the same person before hell opened up and had a good chomp. I'm so angry with quite a few 'loved ones'. I still have 'something' there, hopefully scar tissue. I'm seeing an hypnotherapist to help me with anxiety and other issues related but my partner is the worst for acting like nothing has happened and giving me a few 'digs' when I say I'm hurting or tired. I sincerely hope I'm the only one xxx Marie 

• Hi, and others, you have found the right place! I too have had similar problems, we will all overcome them with the support on here. 

• hi Mecca, - it IS horrendous. Cancer changes so many things.  Unless others around you have had it they just can't understand. You're in a special 'club' now. They're scared  and Loved ones just don't know how to behave around you - whether to speak about your cancer or not. At least this is what I found.  You are Not alone . This is a very good place to talk and people here will understand. Hope the hypnotherapy helps your anxiety and is effective. I had rectal cancer 11 years ago and wasn't offered any emotional support. I thought I'd handled the trauma - but the first lock down brought all the scary emotions back. I agree with Gemmary.

Kath
    "don't think about tomorrow"