Mum

• 1 reply
  • 29 subscribers

Hey, 

Mums birthday coming up. Sister and Dad still falling out. Mum looked after my sister when she was here money wise. My dad has always ubseded over money but mum kept him in check. Now she's gone he's even worse. Mum asked her sister Pat to give dad a set of rules if ya like when she passed. Mum couldn't be bothered with an argument while she was not well.

One of the rules was to make sure there grand daughter my niece kept dancing as long as she was enjoying it. Mum looked after buying costumes and getting to competitions. This has not happened. He's told my sister,  if she can't afford it to stop her going. I have stepped in as much as I can afford. Dad is awful to my sister, I think because she needs him so much. I've offered to to talk to him but she wont let me. 

She asked him to lend her some cash before payday cos she was in a tight spot and he said he will run out off money before he's dead do he may as well not be here, which made her feel even worse. She struggles every month financially. I give her as much as I can but sometimes I can't help out. He makes my sister feel awful. My mum would be kicking him up the arse if she was here. 

I have all this to deal with on top of trying to figure out how to grieve my mum. Don't need Dad and Sister arguing and having yo sort it out and pick up my sister.

Gonna be a tough month. Yet again getting fed up....

• Hi , sorry to hear the challenges going on in the family. Cancer can indeed bring a lot of pressure on everyone in the family and everyone deals with these challenges in many different ways.

When finances are tight it does bring a lot of pressure and yes families fall out about this.

Could I suggest you call Macmillan Support Line Services on 0808 808 00 00 This free service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information and Financial Support mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

We also have our ‘Ask an Expert’. section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

Lets look for the temperature in the family to turn down and a positive way forward is found ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge