Feeling low but why?

• 21 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Why do I feel so grim? I should be jumping for joy shouldn't I? Had my op, all cancer removed, unlikely to return but gosh I feel terrible. I am in some pain but getting help from the pain team, having day and night sweats but getting some patches so that should soon be sorted too. What is wrong with me????

• Sparky, I could take my reduced pension at 55 but I could have taken it earlier on medical grounds if I had qualified. My type of cancer (nothing to do with the years of treatment) was one of a little number of cancer types that did not fit the criteria..... lucky me.

You may want to talk with our Financial Support and Work Guidance teams in our Macmillan Support Line Services on 0808 808 00 00 mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link. They were very helpful and did a review my circumstances and give advice as to ways forward.

I am totally convinced that developing a positive, can do outlook does open new doors and brings fresh focus to aim for.

It's interesting when I sit and talk with folks who are a few years post treatment and hear how they have now moved life on in ways that, before cancer interrupted life, would not have seen possible.

Keep looking forward.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge