Body temperature

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi.

Just wondered if anyone else has experience of feeling cold constantly .

Treatment finished 6weeks ago and I struggle to get a heat in myself 

• Only 6 weeks post treatment and winter........ yes you may well be feeling the cold.

My treatment (totally different from you) finished (mid October (2015) and I never felt warm all the way through that winter.

I was dressed with a big jumper, scarf and e en a thermal hat with the heating up high and my wife was complaining about the heat in short sleeves......... the body does take time to regulate itself following treatments.

I did check my temperature regularly but it was ok.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hi.

I was always guilty of feeling the cold but even more so now .

Same my husband is totally the opposite. 

Ive noticed that I also get quite restless jumpy inside . I'm not sleeping great so put it down to that but starting to become annoying now 

My temperature is always ok

• I noticed that I was wrapping up far to much so had to be careful not to ‘actually’ raise my real body temperature and not notice any infections creeping  up on me - I was caught out once and ended up in hospital on DB&B for a week with Pneumonia - never saw it coming.

Try and wrap up and get out in the fresh air for some walks as the body is just trying to finds its way again.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Yeah makes sense I suppose .

Thanks 

• I had chemo (cisplatin and vinorelbine) just over 5 years ago and have felt cold at all times other then summer. I never felt the cold before this and was always wanting to turn down the heating - now I'm always wanting to turn it up. A lasting effect I guess, but better than the alternative!

Made in 1956. Tested to destruction.