Reconstruction

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi, could anyone please tell me of their experiences of breast reconstruction? Was it a positive experience for you and how did you also cope mentally? Thank you x

• Hi .

Can I direct you to this link to our very supportive Breast cancer group as this will open up your concerns to a wider audience who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

Just follow the link above, hitting ‘Join the Group’ tab just under the main group name, then go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab and set up your own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group - you could just copy an paste what you have in this first post. 

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi LoopyLou1

I had my reconstruction 7 years ago, 2 years after my mastectomy. I thought long and hard about reconstruction as I was still feeling very vulnerable after treatment.

I can say now that it was the right choice for me.. My muscle from the back was used and I did have quite a bit of discomfort for a few weeks post surgery but it really helped with my confidence and feeling like 'me' again.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Karen