Critical Illness Insurance post cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of trying to take out critical illness insurance post cancer and if there were any recommendations of any insurers better than others.

Thanks 

Lisa x 

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community

I can't help with your question but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies.

A good place to post your question would be in ask a financial guide and the advisors will get back to you within 2 working days. They probably won't be able to recommend any particular companies but they should be able to advise you on the best way to find critical illness cover.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you Blush 

• Did you receive any assistance with this Oscarwhiskas. I was wondering the same?

• I am tagging as he has some knowledge of this area - let’s see if he is looking in to the Community over the hols.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi 

lt is unlikely you will get critical illness cover post cancer for at least 5 years and then it is most likely that if (and that is quite a big if) you can get anyone to cover you then cancer or anything relating from cancer will be excluded and premiums may be increased. 

Even life cover can be difficult for a few years post cancer and even if someone does offer terms it is likely to have quite an increase in premiums .

The type of cancer you have had will also impact if you can get any cover. 

I am 6 1/2 years post stem cell transplant for leukaemia and there are providers who will look at life cover but the cost would be many times the normal premium. Critical illness no one is interested in offering any cover.

if you are a few years post cancer then I would suggest contacting a financial adviser as they can speak to underwriters in advance to see if they would consider cover and if they would what exclusions or ratings are likely. 

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.