Feeling anxious after reconstruction.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi, 

I had surgery May 2018 for breast cancer and I had reconstruction in July this year. I was feeling well, happy and pleased with my surgery and also had my one year scans all clear. However now I have returned to work the anxiety and worry has come back. I appreciate that people ask questions as they care about you but having so many questions fired at me (I’m a Hairdresser) it’s brought it all back to the surface. I’m finding it hard to stop my brain working over time. Does anyone have any words that can help? Thanks x 

• Hi

Please come and join us on the breast cancer group - click the green link.  You will find loads of women on there with words of support and advice.  It's the busiest group of all, which shows how many of us have had breast cancer, so you won't be short of people knowing exactly how you feel.

I was diagnosed in June 2017, so have had 2 annuals back clear, but I do feel that I've never gone back to normal.  I am my 'new normal' because the fear of recurrence, the fact that you have had it in the first place will have changed you - even if it's a little bit, you have changed!

As you say it's lovely that people care enough to ask, but I personally try and forget about it until my next annual and that's how I deal with it - not easy because it's always at the back of your mind and as soon as someone asks about it, it's back at the forefront isn't it?

If you cut and paste your question into the breast group, it will save you writing it out again.

Best wishes,

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to lesleyhelen

Hi  

Thanks for your reply. I will head over to the other group as you advised xx

• Hi

I tried to bump your post up on the breast cancer group, thinking  that it had been overlooked due to the time of posting, but there seems to be an issue with being able to reply.  I think because of the copying of the 'edit,insert,view,format, tools' etc. it's gone a bit awry.  Can you copy just your text and try posting it again, then the ladies will be able to respond and offer your some support.

Best wishes,

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to lesleyhelen

Thank-you for helping me. Xx