2 year since discovery of shadow on my right lung.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 27 subscribers

its been 2 years since discovery of a shadow on my right lung.Had tests,then in January got cancer confirmation(loads of emotion between discovery and confirmation)operation in march.complications in hospital 3 weeks instead of 1.then 1 month out of hospital started chemotherapy.4 x 1 month courses.had tests no sign of cancer at moment.last Christmas was a bonus looks like i will see this one also.celebrate life every day let negative emotions go over your head. i thought about writing about the whole experience in moredetail any thoughts on the subject would help. thanks for reading

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see folks finding us.

A cancer diagnosis can bring a lot of stress, confusion and questions. You would think that once you have finished treatment, that is it - move on with life. But for some, the final 1/3rd of the cancer journey can be just as hard as the first 2/3rds.

I have been on my cancer journey for over 20 years now so I have come to see it as just part of life. I have had the time to pigeonhole a lot of the issues and some are way up high so I can’t see or touch them any more.

It may be good to make a cup of tea and have a look at this great paper as it does articulate the post treatment milestones very well.

I see you have found our Lung Cancer, this is a good place to talk with people who understand the journey you have been on.

You story? Think about putting some information in your profile. This really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. Just click on YOUR username, select 'Edit Profile'. Put as much or as little in your profile and you can amend it at any time - you can see members profiles by hitting our forum names.

Always around to talk.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge