Lasting effects

• 1 reply
  • 28 subscribers

I had A.L.L over 40 years ago. The effects of the brutal way that children were treated in hospital in the 70s are still with me today, so much so that the effects of ptsd/ phobias are now potentially life threateng. 

The cranial radiation i was given so many years ago caused meningingomas. Wheras the 1st 6cm one was removed 2 years ago, the next one is inoperable. I have a short window of time in which to have gamma knife but dont feel i can face it. 

It took 4 decades for this slow growing one to reach 2 cm , am wondering how long i would have if i declined, and what my quality of life would be?

• Think u need to ask the gamma knife experts what your quality of life would be if u didn't have gamma knife treatment.

If you've already had an appountment with the consultant, ask for another n explain your concerns - before the chance to have the treatment passes u by. You don't want the decision to be made by the time factor - YOU want to make an informed decision. 

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.