Pains in legs

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hello all,

My son finished treatment for ALL ( Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia) almost 3 years ago now, he is 7 and a half years old. He was diagnosed as a baby (15 months old).

He has checks ups with his consultant every 6 months now, and they are pleased with his recovery. 

Throughout his treatment I tried to keep him active (although it was hard for a weak/sick/tired toddler) and he leads a fairly active life now swimming, etc, but he does at times complain of leg pain when walking.

I just wondered if any one experienced pains in the legs after treatment.

His consultant isn't concerned, but it's something I often think about, perhaps its just growing pains, or he can't be bothered to walk! Slight smile

• Hi

That's great news that your son has finished all his treatment but not so good that he experiences pain in his legs when walking.

Could I suggest that you post this question in the ALL group, which I see you're a member of, as I'm sure the knowledgeable people over there will be able to help further if they've experienced this.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

I'd quite like to ask people who have stopped treatment, as I hear that this could be an issue many people have after treatment has stopped, and not people actively on treatment, so if its all the same i'll keep the post here thank you!

• Hi

Even if you also post in ALL your post will still be in this group so you will still get replies if anyone who has had ALL is a member of this group.

My suggestion to also post in ALL was because I thought that you'd get more chance of a reply from someone with the same type of cancer that your son had in that group than in this 'general' group. Also, often people still remain active members of a group even after they've finished treatment, so it won't necessarily only be people who are receiving treatment who are in the ALL group.

However, if you don't want to post in ALL that's fine. It was just a suggestion.

All the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"