Pain after treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 27 subscribers

Hi

i have such a long cancer story but will try to be brief. It started with a small polyps which after removal was cancerous. I had radio and chemotherapy. On a check up 6 months later it had returned but I also had incidental findings on my CT. I had a tumour on my thymus gland. The surgery was successful and they removed the tumour which was constricting an important vein. Left alone this would have eventually cut off my blood supply so this was my ‘silver lining’. After this I had the ‘big’ op. I had my rectum, coccyx, ovaries and tubes, pelvic floor and 15 cm of colon removed. And a permanent colostomy bag fitted. Then I had 11 rounds of chemo. This finished 8 weeks ago. But I find now my joints and muscles seem to ache and burn.

i have started to see a physio with Macmillan which is great but would love these aches and pain to go. Has anyone else had this?

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am so sorry to see the circumstance that brought you here.

Your cancer journey sounds very traumatic and the post journey can take time but talking with people who are on the same journey will help a lot.

We have lots of support groups that are Cancer specific  and also ones that are general Cancer experience  groups.

Follow the links and join the groups that you think you can get specific help in. To do this hit the ‘Join the Group’ tab just under the main group name. At this point go to the right on the group home page and select how you want to receive email notifications when someone answers your posts. If in the future you don’t want to receive notifications just switch off the email notifications tab.

But the BEST WAY to get support is to go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab just under the main group name. Set up your own Discussion and Introduce yourself to the group - you could just copy an paste what you have in this first post.

Have a look through our various Macmillan Support Line Services then call them on 0808 808 00 00 to be very helpful covering Emotional Support and Practical Information. Clinical Information and Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

We also have our ‘Ask an Expert’section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply.

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge