Hello, I'll be joining shortly!

• 21 replies
  • 25 subscribers

I'm waiting for a date for surgery - a cystectomy with urostomy, to hopefully rid me of the bladder cancer that originated in a kidney, that has already been removed.

Whilst I will no doubt have lots of learning to do to come to terms with the new arrangement for getting rid of liquid waste.

My main concern in terms of how this will impact on my life, is will I still be able to play golf with a stoma bag, hopefully securely attached to my body? Prior to the last year of health issues, I was playing 2 or 3 times a week. After the kidney removal and adjuvant chemo, I eventually got back on course, and was regaining my previous performance level.

So this latest set back is a major blow, stopping me from doing my main leisure pursuit, and obviously there is a concern that this may not be just a temporary cessation, if swinging a golf club is not compatible with maintaining a leak free status!

• KathH2 I did the same time after my Stoma I walked up and down telling myself that "You won't beat me " I was in a room by myself with no contact just nurses .With masks on so everyone looks the samKissing heart.Kissing heartAlaine