Stoma bag choices

• 14 replies
  • 39 subscribers

I've had a colostomy since Feb. I first had sensura mio bags, then switched to Salts Confidence Be as the adhesive on the sensura bags made my skin itch. (Confidence bags have aloe Vera in the adhesive which Is more gentle on sensitive skin). On the coloplast website there are sooo many different makes of bag but I can't find much in the way of user feedback on the differences between them. Anyone want yo say what you like or dislike about the bags you've tried??

• Great tips from all.

I wear cotton knickers at night which help to keep my bag in place for extra reassurance.

Marymary I presume you have checked that the hole is the correct size as stomas change in the early days and if the hole isnt exact it causes leakage which can affect the adhesion.

• Kath
  • Hi.

The pouches I use are Aura Plus from Welland. They have a cross shaped flange which is more flexible than the  other types. I  was involved in the trial of them before they were available and liked them. I started using them as soon as I was able to and have done ever since. The flange contains Manuka honey, so is gentle on sensitive skin. They are available in sand or black. My supplier is Securicare. Hope this is useful.

Kim

Blackstuff
  • Thank you all so much for your help. I've made a note of the recommendations and I will mention these to my stoma nurse when she visits on Tuesday. Up to now I've only been given Dansac, which were the ones which came off completely in the night, and Coloplast, which my nurse assured me would be good but they are coming unstuck from the top so although not completely covered as I was with Dansac, i'm still up in the middle of the night. I just long for a good night's sleep! Thank you everyone, I will let you know how I go on.

• Hi. Just thought I would throw in my tuppence worth. I have tried all different types of manufacturers and I can't see the one I use mentioned, or I may have missed it due to my age ha ha ha. The one I find is great for me is by Hollister, and I use a 2 piece. I realise everyone's skin is different and what suits one person may not suit another.