Covid with a Stoma

• 13 replies
  • 35 subscribers

I’d be interested in anyone that has caught the dreaded Covid with a stoma 

The coughing isn’t helping my abdomen but I can hold on with the sneezing and coughing

Its the loose output I didn’t expect. Not sure if there’s any advice from similar experiences members have had. 
Im trying to keep my fluids up and forcing food though I really don’t want it. 

• I’m adding to this as I hope that no one has the reaction I have had to getting Covid with a stoma however if they do this may help 

It started badly with acid watery output for about four days. I ate beige but very little as the taste wasn’t pronounced

Then stupidly I felt better so went back to a colourful salad. It was in the fridge. Bad idea. Pancaking and terrible night. 

So now I’m back on beige. 

Stoma’s still uncomfortable it may be the output but I will keep this updated if things change. 
    I hope that no one adds to this as if they do it means that they have caught Covid.

But if they do it’s a good source for others as I think this virus isn’t going anywhere soon 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Well day eight. Although I’m still waiting for a negative test Whoopi seems to be settling 

So there’s hope if you’re in my position when you’re reading this 

I’ve eaten quite well and although I am still suffering the fatigue and general aches my stoma seems to be functioning

Just an issue with the soreness around it which is probably par for the course

Ive eaten jellies and thickening foods to help counteract the acid.
    Calomine at the ready and try and sort out my poor sore skin. 

I hope that others don’t have the same reaction I’ve had to Covid however this will be a good resource for others

Thank goodness for the jabs. I think I would have been a lot worse off

Ann
     ‍Art

• I hope you feel better soon and get a negative test.Best wishes Jane x

• Thanks Jane  I am so much better than I was and the vaccines definitely did their thing. 
    Hope you’re okay 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Glad you are feeling better, this Covid thing is a pain Pensive Crossing my fingers I don’t catch it again, had it on March pre  stoma and that was bad enough. Take care x

• Did you have diarrhoea when you had Covid I wonder if it was just a symptom of the virus. 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Hi Ann

I’ve been unwell since last Saturday and was astonished to test negative for covid as had all the main symptoms and was floored with it. Still got a terrible cough today. I’ve had diarrhoea to varying degrees the whole week, yesterday being utterly spectacular! Been feeling a bit sorry for myself and all of yesterday’s clothes went straight in the bin! 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Oh Sarah. I feel for you. It’s horrible and It had a similar reaction to my output 

The first symptom which is strangely common in triple or double  jabbed is sneezing. 

You may still have had it. My first test was negative been positive ever since 

I really hope you feel better soon. All I’m doing now is sleeping.

Ann
     ‍Art

• How are you feeling today Sarah?

I hope you’re  better and hopefully the stoma’s working as it should a not giving you grief.

It’s hard work sorting these things out at times but really trying when you’re not feeling well 

Ive had brain fog with mine at times too.
    That made me think I was showing signs of dementia! 
    I did worry but only when I remembered to.

I had a phone call from sky and nearly signed up for it then remembered that I’m under contract with another. 
    What a week it’s been. 
    Hope you have a good week the weather is certainly cheering me up. 
    Take care 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Hi Ann

Thanks for checking- I’m just exhausted today and still coughing. Stoma has calmed since yesterday thank goodness, but the urostomy is constantly going as I’m drinking so much water! Gorgeous day, but I’m going to have to go and lie down for a while-just got no energy. Interesting about the sneezing-had plenty of that and I’m triple jabbed.

Hope you’re able to get out and about and enjoy the weather and get back to usual form this week. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm