Suppliers

• 11 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Can anyone recommend a good supplier who keeps you informed of delivery days, prescription delays and stock problems? I use mainly Coloplast products.

• Hi Catgirl

I’ve tried 3 different companies and have stuck with Respond who are absolutely brilliant. Never had a single issue with them and had plenty with other companies!

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks Sarah. Are you able to name the companies you had problems with? 

Does Respond  let you know when your order is arriving and do they send free dry wipes and disposal bags?

• I use fittleworths and they have been great.no problems getting through if you need to ring with a querie.always polite and helpful

Always send complimentary dry wipes and disposal bags.

Never had anything out of stock in 2 1/2 yrs.Fingers crossed

They have recently changed to dhl to deliver and they inform you by text as to the delivery time .if you arnt in they will leave in a safe place.

They also give you a named stoma nurse who you can get in touch with at any time by telephone or email

Kath

• Hi Catgirl

I had Fittleworths originally-their stoma nurse was excellent, but had issues with delays and communications with my surgery. I changed to Bullens who were shockingly bad, but get good reports from others. 

Respond provide disposal bags, and wet and dry wipes. They call once a month to ask me what I would like to order, tell me when my order will arrive, and send the prescription to my surgery. On the day of delivery I get a text from the delivery company, DPD, telling me the delivery time (they give an hour slot time). 

I’ve never once had a late delivery or any items I’ve requested not supplied and been using them now for more than a year. Staff are lovely on the phone and very helpful.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Catgirl

Yes, I use Respond as well.  Great service.  Free disposal bags and wipes and, as Sarah says, their courier (DPD) text you with the delivery day and then a 1 hour delivery slot on that day.  You can also designate a safe place or a neighbour if you're going to be out.

• Thanks. That's really helpful.

• Hello Catgirl

When I started (over a year ago now) I was directed to the Coloplast online ordering process and it's worked fine for me.  They have a feature which allows you to tailor the complimentary stuff so you neither run short nor waste it.  They've recently switched from UPS to DPD - both give good service in general, I find.  Both Coloplast and DPD provide text and online order updates.

I notice you say 'mostly' Coloplast so maybe it wouldn't work for you.

• Yes I’m with Coloplast Charter and have had wonderful service. 
    i like to order by phone if they’re busy they’ll ring back if there’s a shortage they let me know, there’s always a note of what’s in the parcel and a note if they’re out of stock and that I will be getting it soon. 

I’ve found they’re really fast as my GP confirms my orders and have had a delivery within the week of ordering  They ask what complimentary products are needed. I’m very satisfied with them 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Artsie.did you say on a previous post that you were only allowed 2 items.was that the delivery company or your gp?

Kath

• Yes I am two for my script but that’s by the order of the Stoma team. They told me only two.  That’s Bristol.
    I have pouches and Eakin slims on script,

Then dry wipes, removal spray, sterile wipes and black bags complimentary which I don’t always order

I once swapped my slims for barrier spray it made my skin flare up worse so I went straight back 

I can ask to change the two script products but I’ve found what works so I’m sticking to it 

Im not sure why I am only allowed two prescriptions and I’m sure if I went to my GP he would oblige. I’m fine at the moment. 

Ann
     ‍Art