Ileostomy reversal

• 15 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Not been on here for few months but I have had a phone call yesterday my reversal is tomorrow and looking for a few tips on what to eat after the operation and what to expect 

read a few things and to be truthful a bit scared off what to expect ?

• Bless you. 
    It’s weird isn’t it. I had forgotten what it was like 

Hope all goes well 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Hi there

how did the op go fraser1 and how are you feeling 

fingers crossed all is well

• Hi sorry I haven’t answered earlier but been away on holiday still can’t believe I managed to go ! Was terrified at the thought off having an accident on the plane and  was scared at what I could eat but it was amazing holiday. Everything went well better than what I could hope for , I started taking loperamide but only one at a time at it didn’t seem to work so gp says to try 2 at a time twice a day and all seems to be fine went back to work for a week before my holiday but back full time on Monday so life seems to be getting back to normal ,but this form has been a life saver yous are all very special people and I can’t thank you enough 

• That is amazing news

im so glad you enjoyed your hols… onwards and upwards from now on, you enjoy Blush 

im waiting for a date for the reversal, so fingers crossed all will go well

you take care 

• That’s good  let me know when you get a date ,you  might not feel great at  first I wonder if I had done the right thing? but I think with any off my journey you have to give it time .My surgeon was going to leave my operation until after my holiday but had a cancellation.So I got it 5 weeks before I didn’t think I would be able to go but he thought differently and he was right!