Join this group to start a discussion!

• 2 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I hope you don’t mind me posting here, it’s Rachel from the Community team. You might have notice that you can no longer post in this group unless you ‘Join’ the group to become a member.

We have made this change to make sure our members get the most personalised experience when using our new Community homepage. For this reason, we are asking members to join any groups they would like to post in, so that they can get the most relevant information from the site.  

From now on, if you would like to post in this group – you will need to join the group first. To join this group, simply click the black banner at the bottom of your screen that says, ‘General cancer discussions requires membership to participate - click to join’.

Once you have joined, you will be able to post in this group without any problems.

If you have any questions about the above, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch. You can either reply to this post, or email the team directly at community@macmillan.org.uk

Kindest regards,

Rachel
Macmillan’s Community team

• Sorry don't know how to start a new lead.

Several members of our book club are supporting a friend with bowel / colon cancer, now spread to liver and suspected lungs. She's had 53 .... rounds of chemo but we're picking up very definite downhill changes. Her husband is totally involved, but we're heard his health is obviously also being negatively effected. They are recently retired, mid 60's and moved about an hour away, so it's not easy to pop in, but we're thinking a couple of us could go and take her out for coffee or treats when she feels up to it.

I've cut and pasted several of your articles to share with our group, mani- pedi in Feb and buying the next few book club reads in March. I like the idea of bath salts, hand creams and audio books and I loved the suggestion that we ask her what she wants.... dud why didn't we think of that? But is there anything more you can suggest, at lunch today, we're all feeling out of our depth and need to tap into existing resources.

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to hear about your friends but great that you are all doing your best to support them.

The Community is actually divided into many support groups (discussion rooms) so can I recommend you also join and post in our general Family and friends support group where you will connect with others dealing with the same challenges in doing their best to support family and friends.

If you'd like to connect in with a group click on the (Bold) Group Link I have created above.

Once the group page opens click on the black banner that says [click to join] at the bottom, or the [Join] button under "Group tools."

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘new post’ by clicking in the box near the top right with + New or + (Depending on the device you are using) and you are ready to go. You could copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

The Macmillan Support Line is open from 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 where you can talk with someone about specific cancer and practical information,  

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Please do get back to me if you need further help.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge