husband

• 1 reply
  • 28 subscribers

my husband has autoimmune treatment as could not have op as when opened him up found mass in lower bowel so all that chemo for nothing we or i should say he got offered this we on our 5th lot he got 2 years of it tumour has not spread or grown he has a stent put in after the op that's not really what going on 1 he got covered in a rash 2 then got panarctic so that put him in hos again and treatment was stopped while that's was going on drugs got rid of that but with reflux and wind he suffers from let alone unable most time to go to loo, so more drugs then days of sitting on loo life is not going any where he sick most of time pain always some times he wants to give up ME WELL I DONT SLEEP WELL  hardly eat because he dont we tried to move nearer the children we are  4 hours from them and just dont own our place cannot get council to put  on list  and most landlords want take older people on finding rent ok as i was lucky to be left money which we put away so can pay rent  just I'm at such low part i have hide my tears i sit in spare room listening to music ( head phones on ) in dark as i just want to scream i know im low tears now just dont know what to do next

• Hi  

Sorry to read what you are both going through, many people get to the point of "I do not know what to do next" - I know I did. Then I walked in to the Maggie's center at my local hospital and a very kind lady sat and listened while I talked my hear out. I know to how the not sleeping bit hurts.

One thing I find helpful on here is your feelings when someone has cancer because when I can recognize the emotions and acknowledge them it can help me feel less overwhelmed. I did a living with less stress course that helped me to appreciate what we have.

Music can be such a powerful force in our life, one I particularly like is "he ain't heavy he's by brother" and another "lean on me".

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge