Not looking hopeful

• 3 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Mum has been diagnosed with lung cancer, even though we haven't been told what stage it is at, we have been told they cannot cure it. We are aware however that it has spread to her liver, bones and thyroid gland. The tumours they found in her salivary turned out to be warthin turmours (benign).In the last couple of weeks she has been coughing up tiny amounts of blood, so her Dr has decided to give her radiotherapy to help reduce/stop this. The process and procedures has been ongoing since January this year and after 4 scans and 5 biopsies Mum feels she has had enough even before the radiotherapy has begun. Mum is 83 next week and really haven't got the strength to fight. She has lost weight which friends and family has noticed, she has a very small appetite and doesn't always want a nutritious meal. I mentioned this to the cancer nurse and I am now waiting for a diatrician to call me. On top of this my Mum also has an acute aortic aneurysm measuring 5.4cm. The consultant she sees for this has said she is not strong enough for surgery as she also has copd. It's like a waiting game now what will take her first, the cancer or the aneurysm.