Mum with Stage 4 cancer

• 1 reply
  • 31 subscribers

Hi,

My Mum has been battling stage 4 cancer for the past 8 years. Originally breast cancer, it is now in her lungs, liver and bones.

this week we had the news that the legions on her liver have grown and the chemo has therefore stopped working. She is going to try another drug, but there isn’t any proven success for this as a treatment for secondary cancer.

she currently has no adverse symptoms from the liver legions. Bu I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long the lack of symptoms is likely to last, as I understand that once symptoms like jaundice do start, she will only have a few weeks.

any help and advice, so very appreciated 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that the chemo your mum is having for secondary breast cancer has stopped working but it's good that she's not experiencing any symptoms of her cancer.

As the online community is divided into different support forums I'm going to recommend that you also join and post in the secondary breast cancer forum as you'll then connect directly with others who have this type of cancer and can help with your question.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your mum's diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"