Support options

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 16 subscribers

Hi,

my brother in law was diagnosed with a glioblastoma (Brain tumour) in May (he’s 49) and Is not looking looking too great. He is comfortable tho and that’s a blessing.

My worry is for my husband, we are 25 weeks pregnant and I think he won’t talk to me much because he’s trying to protect me but he’s so busy at work, working full time including out of hours and in his spare time travelling an hour and a half to his brother’s to help look after him and obviously spend as much time as possible with him while he can.

My husband is scared. And he’s so upset. Though he tries his best not to let me see. It’s so infuriating for me because all I want to do his support him as best I can.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with any other support options I could talk to him about and maybe get him on board with? Any particular websites to talk on? Or would you suggest him talk to his GP? Or some contact for nurses?

unfortunately due to Covid there really isn’t a lot of support being felt anywhere at the moment so just wondering if we can go find some before he completely breaks down and makes himself poorly trying to look after everyone except himself.

all advice welcome, thank you.