Bladder Cancer Blues

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi Folks, I had bladder aggressive cancer diagnoses in Q4 last year. It has affected my deeply, and I am really struggling with being able to manage my mental health. I have stopped doing things I really like, and become withdrawn and almost housebound. I just feel that I have lost “the old me” and all my Mojo. Any ideas how I can pull some of that back to regain a bit of normality. Treatment for bladder cancer can induce very frequent urination which makes it impossible to go anywhere to do anything ho hum. Cheers ! Leo

• Hi  and sorry to read about the challenges you are dealing with. I have a completely different cancer….. been on my incurable journey fir over 25 years so I do understand in part some of the issues you are dealing with.

I have found talking with people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing.

We also have our Telephone Buddy Service where you can be matched with someone who understands what you're going through, and they'll give you a weekly call.

Macmillan have also teamed up with BUPA to offer up to 6 free counselling sessions for people struggling emotionally because they are living with cancer. Clicking on the link will give you more information about this.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Great advice which I will take….cheers