Anxiety- awaiting breast clinic

• 7 replies
  • 15 subscribers

I am so lost and confused right now! 

Got appointment for breast clinic in just under two weeks and I'm struggling!!! I went to the Dr's for a blister and she noticed my nipple was inverted and bruising which I've had for a while (previously checked out and was told it was low b12) I expected some cream or monitor but instead she has put me on antibotics, urgent blood tests (after asking me if have unexplained bruising and fatigue which I do) and breast clinic.

Husband keeps asking if I'm OK and I keep saying yes because I don't feel like he actually understand what I am feeling at the moment! 

I feel so angry, upset, I cannot concentrate at all and done nothing at all but scroll Facebook or turn to dr Google for two days! 

My nan got diagnosed with aggressive stomach cancer 2 years ago this week and passed 2 weeks after the diagnosis and I think this is massively impacting me because I've been thinking of her loads lately even before went to the doctors.

I don't even know why I'm posting here, I just need to let this off my chest to people I do not know 

• Hi XoXoX

Sorry to hear you are facing a possible breast cancer diagnosis.  Easy to say I know but try to stay away from Dr Google as the  information the have on breast cancer is out of date and you don't tend to get the success stories there.  Rely on sites like this one and breast cancer now for your information as it's bang up to date.

Breast cancer is very treatable these days.  I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer nearly four years ago and after having chemo, surgery and radiotherapy I made a full recovery.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your grandmother so it's perfectly understandable that this is impacting you.  If you feel up to it why not give the helpline a ring on 0808 808 00 00 to talk to someone about how you are feeling.  It won't make any difference to the person at the end of that line that you haven't been diagnosed yet.  You could also join our dedicated Breast Cancer Forum, again it doesn't matter that you haven't been diagnosed yet. Here's the link to the forum if you want to join: Breast cancer forum.

Wishing you the best of luck with your appointment and please let us know how you got on.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you Heart️ I did try the online chat last night before posting this but was waiting two hours which is understandable as helping others, just not as confident speaking it as feel stupid as is more than likely nothing and this is just precaution. 

Though it's fantastic they see you within 2 weeks still feels like a really long wait 

• I'm also glad your all doing better now and helping others now Blush 

• Hi - I just wanted to reach out and say I also suffer with health anxiety. If you ever want to reach out, you’ll get lots of support. I’m having a different procedure on Friday and like you I’m being “fast tracked” and I’ve done nothing but worry myself sick whilst masking from others! Xxx

• Thank u! Sorry for delay email went into junk and been back today for a lesion on my breast and Dr has no idea what it is and has measured it and looked at it closely and can see a "scale" under it... so now pooping it more! Going to do another post with what she said

• This forum is so much better than the dreaded Dr Google. I expect you’ll get some peace of mind here x 

• I couldn't Google this new thing even if wanted to lol. Have put post up hoping someone has had similar and it was all fine... i know I'll be looking back after Tuesday laughing at how silly I've been worrying x