feeling low

• 3 replies
  • 16 subscribers

hi i am a cancer survivor and im worried about the cancer returning and whenever it will come  back. im struggling to see the future. To plan anything in life and im struggling mentally and physically.

• Hi  and welcome to the community.

The post treatment life can be hard and at time cruel journey to navigate. I was diagnosed way back in 1999 with a very rare, incurable but treatable type of Lymohoma……. and over these 24+ years I have relapsed many times…… but I have been able to develop a mindset that says my cancer is not going to define my hard fought for life…… I define how I live with my cancer in the background.

You may find it helpful to make a cuppa and have a look at this great paper After Treatment Finishes - Then What? by Dr Peter Harvey as it highlights the post treatment milestones.

Macmillan have also teamed up with BUPA to offer up to 6 free counselling sessions for people struggling emotionally because they are living with cancer. Clicking on the link will give you more information about this.

I find talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Always around to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for that will have a read of it !!! 

• Have a read through the paper a few times then do come back to me and tell me what stood out the most ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge