Not well enough - partner doesn't seem to understand

• 3 replies
  • 14 subscribers

I am trying to manage secondary breast cancer (in bones and liver too) at the same as fighting a cold, so I have said to my husband that I'm not well enough to go away this weekend as planned. I know he's disappointed but he doesn't seem to understand how much longer it takes for me to get over infections. I feel so guilty but I know it's the best thing for me. 

• Hi njl,Sorry you are feeling rough.It’s important to look after youself and try not to feel guilty.I hope you get over your cold soon.Far better to go away when you are feeling stronger than to go now and feel rotten.Love Jane xx

• Hello njl

I hope you are feeling a bit better today.   As Winker says, it is best to go away when you are feeling well enough to enjoy it.   Its natural for you both to feel disappointment.  Sometimes we can carry the disappointment of others and I am wondering if you are perhaps carrying your hubby's disappointment also?    So you carry your own disappointment, your hubby's as well as feeling unwell - alongside managing secondary breast cancer.   That is quite a lot to be carrying and dealing with.....  I hope you are able to look after yourself and put some things in the day (however small) that are just for you.  Even if it is as simple as a favourite hot drink and something that distracts you from your worries.    Hugs are sent your way.

• Thank you so much, I often forget how much it is to deal with as I'm always fussing over everyone else (just my nature I guess). Hugs with the dog and cups of tea today I think.