Anger

• 7 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hello

i’ve been pretty philosophic and calm so far, but today I feel angry. Not least about my symptoms being missed. How do you deal with anger? Does it pass?

Many thanks 

• Hi Minimouse  welcome to the forum and its perfectly ok to feel angry and want to scream at the world. Why not take yourself out into the hills and scream till your hearts content and let all that anger out. Remember it does sound like there is a reason for your anger so maybe  it is well founded but yes you need to find the best way for you to deal with this because otherwise it will eat you up and then Cancer wins.

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for your response Gail! Yes maybe, although I can’t climb at the moment. I don’t want to feel anger you are right, it’s not a useful feeling. I hope it passes! 

• Hi MiniMouse and welcome here.  I was diagnosed March 2021 after being fobbed off at my local doctors surgery for a year. My initial anger soon gave way to fear and panic about dying of melanoma so the anger took a back seat for a long time.   Treatment for a year ended last August and now I'm taking stock.  The anger has gone but I want something done.  I want it logged that they let me down, I want the ombudsman to know. I want to teach them how to deal with melanomas.  So I believe the anger does change after time but then we can be calm and get something positive done that may help others in the future.  That does sound too nice but I just couldn't keep up the anger, too much energy when I needed my energy to focus on my treatment and staying well.  That's my story but I know it's different for everyone. Anger is a normal emotion and you've every right to feel it, just don't let it take over your life completely. X

• No I think you are absolutely right. I just don’t understand why GPs fob people off / it’s beyond my comprehension! I’m glad you have completed treatment, I send you my best!

• Thanks MiniMouse, I wish the same for you too. I guess we all find our own way through this journey, I've certainly cried a lot these last two years!  GPs here are arrogant and ignorant and you can't get an appointment for weeks.  As a nurse I know they should be up to date on some things and as the south west has a high incidence of skin cancers  they should know better.  Take care, be angry by all means hon, get even for sure but concentrate on you mostly,  hugs xx

• Hello Minimouse,

I am in the same boat. Just diagnosed and no terrible symptoms. I get periods of anger, ridiculous anger, and I suppose it is just part of the process. There are times when my best pal and I joke about it until we are in stitches and that helps.

My heart goes out to you all.

Kevin

• Hi Kevin B,  sorry to hear you've recently had a cancer diagnosis. 

It really is a huge shock to the system and whether you've been ignored by the doctors for a long time or deeply regret smoking/ drinking/ eating anything that may have contributed or just plain angry it's happened to you angry is natural.  We all process it differently and laughing with a good friend sounds a great way to diffuse it but acknowledge it.  Only time will show you how anger may change to be a positive force, don't let it be a negative one.  It's certainly not one to keep hold of for ever, gets in the way of living ! X