Lonleynes and feeling anxious

• 4 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hello everyone I'd just like to start of by saying I'm Nikki I'm 37 and iv been though haveing Breast cancer and check ups and treatment s plus haveing surgery and radiotherapy but I guess the reason I'm posting here now even know my treatment s are all finished and as far as I know I'm clear and free I am on tamoxfine tablets to prevent the cancer coming back plus because I turned down chemotherapy because I wasn't comfortable with it I have to have injection now instead but basically I'm here because I'm looking for emotional support for my anxiety and stress and depression around still feeling effected by the after effects of everything anyway thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this I appreciate it

• Hi , so sorry to hear about your struggles. I am not the best person to help as even although I have been on my incurable blood cancer journey for over 23 years but I am fortunate enough not to have to have dealt with any level of loneliness or anxiety.

I am a very pragmatic person so my journey is what it is and my goal is always to focus on the positives - there are always positives and not let the negatives define me.

But let’s see if there are group members who can relate to your position and you may find some connections in our Life after cancer group as well

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing.

We also have our Telephone Buddy Service where you can be matched with someone who understands what you're going through, and they'll give you a weekly call.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Nikki , I’m new to the group just diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer so still got the healing journey to go. 
    Well done for coming this far. Kissing heart

Possibly you haven’t processed the trauma of what you have been through , the shock, the changes to your life , the treatment etc. 

Have you  thought about some counselling to help you deal with the trauma and loss of normality. 

• Hello and thank you for replying and shareing some helpful careing surportive advice I appreciate it I feel my depression and anxiety has been getting worse though time and feel I'm still effected by the after effects of what I went though but l look to this website and community for care and support I am currently waiting to get into therapy thanks for asking I'm glad to have this space to share what I'm going though 

• Hello and nice to meet you and thank you for your careing surportive words I appreciate this so much I honestly feel like I'm coping ok after all my treatment and everything I went though regarding the cancer I had but I'm feeling the after effects of everything now I suffer from depression and anxiety plus social anxiety and stress and to be honest it's got worse ever time I'm still honestly trying to cope and be comfortable in my body and the changes iv had to go though I am on tamoxfine tablets and getting cancer injection s but feel I'm being effected by the side effects of the tamoxfine and injection s I have very low moods and emotions plus suffer from hot flushes and sweating badly and I have pain under my left arm pit and some pain under and around my left breast just looking for advice if any of the side affects happen s to you it helps me to share these things because I know this is a safe space thank you