Feeling down ,

• 3 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Morning to my chemo family , since last year I've been on a rollercoaster with my body and mind , I wake up to either my body is sore or my mind has raced of somewhere. 

I was admitted to Hospital in May last year and was an inpatient till 15th September when I was discharged , I have 2 grown up sons with Cerebral Palsy & additional support needs who still lived with me , they are still in care as I'm not fit enough to look after them , being away from them miss them every day ,  I had a PET Scan on October 14th , then my world as if it wasn't bad enough , got worse as my mum was admitted to Hospital on 10th October and passed away on the 15th October , before that week the last time I saw mum was Mother's Day , I still have days when I'm totally gutted/shattered from crying about me my boys and mum not being able to have more time with her or be back with my boys , I can see my boys anytime I want but sometimes when Andrew wants me it's a bad day both head and body , I push my through it and afterwards fell totally drained but at the same time I enjoyed it.

Im down to 1 wig always have been , so I bought one , one the same as I had £179.. & £5.95 P&P.. I went to my hairdressers to get a fringe trim on it as the fringe was to long , I also got a cut & blow-dry on me tidy up my ends , I was told to put my wig down , I did so accidentally on top of straigheners , my beautiful wig is ruined and I'm back to 1 again , some people say... uch it's only a wig no need to get upset , but I'm left with an item that's fit for the bin and I can't afford another 1 , I'm getting to the point again why me , hairdressers isn't taking any responsibility as she said it was my fault , I'm on elbow crutches and had to put it down , so I put it on top of a box of brushes not seeing them as both were black.. I wondering what's next , my white blood cell/count are down and I'm worrying about that , as that can lead to infection , but the hospital don't seem to think it's of any importance , am I worrying over nothing... Keep safe and take care Xx Purple heartGreen heartHearts

• Hi , just came across your post. Sorry to hear about your wig, so frustrating. The journey is indeed a rollercoaster.

As to your WBC if your clinical team are not that concerned then trust them as they do know your specific circumstances. As you know I am over 6 years out from treatment and my WBC sits at the low side of the acceptable range ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike (The Highlander) Thank you for replying to me , you are so right , not only for us but life is a rollercoaster but ours is just faster and more unpredictable , I'm better than I was just what I call a blip day , This weekend was fab as I went to Largs with my wee sis for Dinner then I went to see my son at his prom for the club he goes to for Children and Adults with additional support needs , smart boy , 

• Looking very smart Thumbsup

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge