I Have Lost Confidence

• 15 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hi all,

I hope everyone is okay.

I have lost my confidence and I don’t know what to do about it.

I have two stomas (a colostomy and an urostomy), plus a fistula (down below), radiation enteritis and a prolapsed pelvis. I try not to let this get me down but I worry about my health. 

I have lost my mum a few months ago and I cry and miss her. I have a puppy and I worry about him too.

I feel so desolate.

Sending you all love and good vibes,

Lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• HI Lisa

Sorry to hear about your mum :( Lost my dad a few months ago and still trying to wrap my head around things. Its very difficult. Have a stoma (ileostomy) and still getting use to it. Still strange,.

Here if you need to talk. Still in battle mode with chemo. So trying to remain positive and win little battles of being happy which hopefully confidence will come from if that makes sense >?

What puppy do you have ?

Eddie

xx

• Lisa, I think you've got every right to feel the way you do. It would be nice not to feel like that all the time though wouldn't it? Missing your mum is normal. So is worrying about your puppy. I miss mine (Mum died in 2015) and worry about my puppy (only 6 months old). But I'm glad I had a mum to miss and have a puppy to worry about. It may sound trite, but thinking about what makes you happy can make you happier. 

All the best 

• Hi Lisa first a few ((hugs))

Have you been able to get into the local Maggie’s?

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike ,

Thank you for your reply.

I have’s been to Maggie’s because I haven’t got the inclination and I didn’t know if they maybe able to help.

Thank you anyway and I hope you are doing well and sending you love and good vibes,

Lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx

• I hazard a guess that these Maggie’s Support teams have walk with lots of folks covering just about everything…… and you won’t know until you push that door Thinking

The link below takes you to a post in the Life after Cancer group about their local Maggie’s

community.macmillan.org.uk/.../maggie-s

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike ,

Thank for reply and the link.

I read ’s post and it gave me much reassurance and shows Maggie’s are very friendly, informal and understanding. I will have a chat with my dad and we can pop over to Maggie’s in Cardiff with Fernando.

Sending you love and good vibes,

Your friend,

Lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx

• Hi ,

Thank you for your kind reply.

I am sorry you have lost your dad. It is so sad. Like you I miss mum a lot and I sometimes think of something to tell her about Fernando (my puppy) and I remember I can’t and I get upset.

Fernando is a cavachon and he is six months old. At the moment he is having a nap because the weather is so warm this morning and I try to keep his quiet in this weather. He is lovely and is a great help.

I fully understand what you mean about getting use to your stoma. You will get there.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding and sending you love and good vibes,

Lisa xxxxxxxxxx

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx

• cavachons are cute :)  If i had a puppy i would tell the puppy all about my Dad. It would make me cry at first but i think it might be therapeutic on some level to have  those talks with a dog. If that makes sense.

love and good vibes right  back at you !

xx

• Hi @Eddieo,

Thank you and yes, they are cute,

Fernando knew mum for five days and then she went into hospital and passed away the following day. Mum had been poorly for a long time. She had, had two heart attacks before I was taken ill and she was back and fro the hospital for over two years when I was in there due to the treatments and several major surgeries. Plus she helped to learn to walk again and when I was given the all clear (yay and thank you), she cheered and then a few months later she had another heart attack which followed by more over the years and then it affected her lungs and she was on oxygen for 16 hours a day. 

I sing to Fernando, by which I am tone deaf but think I sing and sound like Charlotte Church.

I will go on my laptop later and send you a photograph of Fernando. I think you will,like it and hopefully make ypu smile.

it is awful missing your  dad and especially the time you are going through at the moment. He would be there cheering you , like my mum did.

Sending you love and good vibes,

Lisa. Xxx

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx

• Hi ,\

Here are some phtographs of Fernando.

Love and good vibes,\

Lisa xxx

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx