Starting chemo in 2 weeks

• 3 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

I am due to start chemo on the 18th of August I would like to hear from people who are going through it or about to and how you prepared yourself for it. Any tips, advice would be most welcome. 

Thankyou 

Christine

• Hi Christine and a very warm welcome to the online community

I haven't had chemo, so can't help with your question, but noticed that your post had gone unanswered. I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post this question in the Bowel (colon and rectal) cancer forum group as I'm sure the people over there will be only too happy to share their experiences of chemotherapy with you.

Wishing you all the best for the 18th.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi latchbrook, 

Thanks for replying back to me that was thoughtful of you to notice my post . And  yes I will post in the other groups that I am in too it’s so comforting to know that there is someone out there to answer me. This online community is full of amazing people. 

Christine xx

• I just started June 16 2020 and have 3 more infusions every 3 weeks. I got thru the first three. infusions and really just noticed nauseous and dizziness and tired. I have been in Lupron-2012, casodex, enzalutamide, Xgeva and originally radiation in 2010. PSA was 2.8 with a Gleason 3/4= 7. Long road and still waiting for cure. I still have albiterone left after chemo. Jada

Take life day by day and be grateful for the little things.  Don’t get caught up in what you can’t control.  Accept it and make the best of it.  When you stop worrying about what you can’t control, you have more time to change the things you can control.  And that changes everything in the long run.