Hair loss 10 months after finishing treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

Hi all

I had 3 cycles of ABVD last year for Hodgkin lymphoma, and have been in remission since last August. I had my last chemo in July.

Obviously I lost most of my hair during treatment but it grew back quite quickly, and has carried on doing so.

However, during this last month, I've started to lose a fair amount of hair in the shower, and I can see at least two patches of thinner hair on my scalp. 

I don't a family history hair loss in our 20s, I don't think I'm particularly stressed (though increasingly about this!) and I don't think I have an iron deficiency.

Do any of you have any experience of this? I'm just hoping those patches grow back or at least don't get bigger!

Thanks

• Hi

I didn't have chemotherapy, so can't comment on the hair loss side effect, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any response.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post this in the Hodgkin lymphoma group, which I can see you're a member of, as you'll then connect with people who will have had the same type of chemotherapy as you and might have had a similar experience.

If you'd like to do that then clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"