Capecitabine feet soreness

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi, Just finished my last cycle (of 8) and feet redness/soreness was quite bad.

Just wondering how quickly this cease and when I can stop slapping the Aveeno on!

Is it just a case of suck it and see.

Not sure what happens next either.

Oncologist said something about a blood test in a months time but have not get an appointment booked in yet.

• Hi Stanster

I used Udderly Smooth Moisturizing Cream l bought from the Pharmacist at the hospital. 

The oncologist told me to take B6.

I am afraid the redness lasts long, so make sure you tell the Oncologist about your feet and hands,

The bottom of you feet can go spongy.mine are, so it a rather annoying.

Hope this helps.

• Hi

If you fancy giving the Udderly Smooth onco cream a try- Do make sure you buy the one that contains Urea.

Most with this sore skin problem who have tried it found it helps.

G n' J

• Hi Stanster.. I am interested to know whether you had IV chemo and what drugs if so?  My One is proposing I go on to this Cape and I am quite anxious about it.. had 4mm left of tumour upon excision, and therefore did not have a complete response to chemo.. radiotherapy next but they are proposing the Cap after.. would you say you have been able to carry on normally during the time you have been on this drug? thanks so much and wishing you well 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to PathofPleasantness

I was cape tablets no IV. You can pretty much carry on as normal. I found mornings ok, but got tired in the afternoons.

my feet also got sorer as the day w ent on so by evening i just rested.

• I've been on capecitabine since September and also suffer from really sore feet and hands. Thank goodness it's the only side effect I have. Inc reduced the dose to 80%, to mitigate the side effects a bit Buy my sister in law sent me a foot salve from Natural Skin Care Stuff based in Hepdon Bridge and its been a game changer for my feet which blister and crack very easy. It can be got online.

1. Good luck with your treatment Purple heart
  • Tried to delete my post. It was supposed to be in reply to one 3 years ago about sore feet due to capecitabine.