wigs

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 10 subscribers

After having a mastectomy in December for breast cancer I'm having to start TC Chemo at the end of February. I'm told that my hair will thin and go patchy but might not lose all of it. 

My question is when and who gives you the NHS wig voucher ? My son is getting married in July so I know i will want a nice wig to wear.

Any tips on good wig people/hats and scarfs will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Angie

• Hi

Warm welcome to the club no one wants to join :-/

Hope you had a hassle free recovery from surgery...

You may want to post this as a new discussion in the Breast Group you joined as well ?

It is much more active than this group and there is the monthly February Chemo discussion there as well.

Hope this is of some help, G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Angie, 

i am about to start chemo for breast cancer too. The nurse at the hospital gave me the prescription for a wig and I’ve been and sourced a couple of wigs. Only one will be on NHS though but better than nothing.  My daughter gets married in July too, lousy timing for us both but we will do our best! 
    best wishes, 

Mandy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Mandy,

Thanks for your reply, definitely bad timing re the weddings . 

I'm going to the chemo unit to meet the team on the 24th of this month so will probably get the voucher then.

I'm 7 weeks post surgery now and doing well , so bring on the Chemo and get this finished.

Angie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Will you consider a human hair wig? I  bought a  a synthetic hair wig but got allergic to it. Then my friend recommended me to buy a 100% human hair wig from Supernova hair, as she bought one from there before .  Once I received the wig, I was surprised as it was so light and hair so soft. And I didn't feel any discomfort when worn it. There were many types and colors of hair on their website, link as below. Wish you could find one you like.

https://www.supernovahair.com/